The Queen's Christmas message 2011 with subtitles

Did you listen to King Juan Carlos I give his speech on Christmas Eve? Were you too busy eating, drinking and talking to your relatives to pay attention?

As I am teaching you English, I am not going to show you a video of our monarch on CHRISTMAS EVE, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_Eve.

Instead, you can see Queen Elizabeth II, Queen of the United Kingdom and other Commomwealth Realms, speak in her annual Christmas Day broadcast.
She talks about courage and hope in adversity and the importance of family. She finally wishes everybody a merry Christmas.
                                              The link to listen and read her words:
                                              
                       MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Comments

  1. I´m sorry Anna, but I think the Monarchy is an anachronism (do you say so?). My interest in what (he/she) says a Monarch is very very small: words, just words. Are they really neccesary in XXI century? My answer is obvious.Homewere, I appreciate your interest, but in another ocassion it may be better a speech from someone democratilly elected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Juan Manuel:
    First of all, I want to congratulate you on your very good English. Secondly, I must admit that I don’t like discussing politics very much.
    The reason why I uploaded the Queen’s Christmas message is that she speaks clearly and slowly. That’s what you all need at the moment. Nothing to do with politics.
    Thank you for expressing your opinions, use the blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment