(1NB) THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ (Answers) Chapter 6

CHAPTER SIX: BACK TO THE EMERALD CITY

OIL CAN
Page 60 – exercise 1

1 b   2 e   3 g   4 c   5 f   6 a   7 d              

Page 60 – exercise 2

1 Who   2 When   3 Where   4 Why   5 What
MAGIC
a 5   b 1   c 3   d 2   e 4

Page 61 – exercises 4 / 5

A 4 – What do you do to make the head speak? 
B 1 – How can I make a very big head?
C 3 – How do the eyes and mouth move?
D 2 – How do you make the face?

TAPESCRIPT

LISTENING
D: Dear great Oz, please tell me. How can I make a very big head?
W: First you must use lots and lots of paper and with some water you can make a very big ball.
D: How do you make the face?
W: Well, you paint separate pieces of paper and you put them in the correct places.
D: How does the eyes and the mouth move?
W: Well you use string or some cord or cotton to pull the eyes and the mouth. I sit on the balcony and do this.
D: What do you do to make the head speak?
W: Aah, you see, I am not a Wizard, but I am a ventriloquist. This means I can speak from one side of the room, but the sound can come from the place where the head is.

Page 62 – exercise 1

STRAW
1 A   2 A   3 B   4 B   5 B                                   

Comments