(1NB) THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ (Answers) Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1: THE MUNCHKINS 

Page 8 – exercise 1

BRAIN
HOT-AIR BALLOON
1 emerald  
2 whistle   3 oil can
4 cyclone 5 brain     
6 hot-air balloon      
7 straw   
8 basket  
9 bricks


Page 16 – exercise 1

1 C   2 B   3 A   4 A   5 B   6 B  
7 C   8 A

Pages 16-17 – exercises 2 / 3

American English: program, center, color, theater, favorite, apartment,
french fries, elevator, fall, mail, pants, vacation, movie
British English: favourite, theatre, colour, programme, centre, flat,
chips, lift, autumn, post, trousers, holiday, film

 a r, centre/center
 b favourite, colour, u, u, color

Page 17 – exercise
1 are   2 is   3 there   4 and   5 wear
6 Witch   7 a   8 She   9 have   10 the

                                      Page 18 – exercise 1
1 head   2 eye 3 nose   4 ear                                       
5 mouth   6 hand   7 arm   8 leg   
9 foot

Page 18 – exercise 2
1 B   2 A   3 B





LISTENING

TAPESCRIPT 
Hello, my name is Scarecrow. I live in the Land of the Munchkins and I want to be your friend.  I don’t really like my job because I am very friendly and I don’t like scaring the birds.
I can’t change jobs because I am not very clever. You see, I don’t have a brain. I am going to the Emerald City to ask the Wizard of Oz for his help.

Comments