REQUESTS, INVITATIONS AND SUGGESTIONS (INTERMEDIATE & 2NB)


24.1

A: Would you like to go out this evening?
B: I am afraid I haven’t got any money. (omit ‘but’)
A: That’s ok, I’ll pay. How about going to see a film?
B: No, actually I think I’d rather stay at home and do my homework. (omit ‘to’ before ‘rather’).
A:Why don’t you do your homework his afternoon?
B: I’m busy this afternoon.
A: Ok. How about tomorrow evening, then?
B: Yeah fine. / Good idea.
A: Great. What film shall we go to?
B: I don’t mind.

24.2
1 possibly; sure / of course
2 wondering; love to
3 shall; don’t we, good / great idea
4 shall; how about; could; rather; like
5 would; mind





24.3 

Possible answers

1 Yeah sure
2 Yes of course   
3 I’m afraid not
4 Yes, I’d love to
5 I’d love to, but I’m afraid I can’t
6 Yeah great
7 Yes, that’s a good idea
8 Yes if you like

Comments