UNIT 2 WORK AND STUDIES (2NB)


Progress test 2 Work and studies
GRAMMAR 
1  Present perfect for experience

1  I have / I’ve always thought 
2  Have you ever done 
3   have never failed
4  My sister hasn’t / has not finished
5  Has your company ever paid





2  The present perfect with for and since


 1  for five years  
 2  since we left school   
 3  for a long time     
 4  for nearly 30 years   
 5  since she started      
 6  that film for ages    
 7  for over five years     
 8  for a few months

VOCABULARY
3  Studying
1  thesis    2  degree    3  sign    
4  doctorate    5  passed

4 Working conditions
1  atmosphere    2  flexible    3  benefits    4  management

5  Presenting yourself    
1  I’ve always wanted to have my own business.
2  I’m not very good at working with computers.
3  I’m looking for work in the catering industry.
4  I’ve been in the IT business for the last 12 years.





KEYWORD for
6  Uses of for
1  come in for an interview    2  in Italy for the summer
3  wait for me    4  suitable for young children

EXPLORE SPEAKING
7  On the telephone
1  spell, for    2  speak, slowly    3  ask, contact / call 
4  was, again    5  Would, take

Comments