ALTHOUGH / THOUGH / EVEN THOUGH / IN SPITE OF / SPITE (INTERMEDITATE)


ALTHOUGH / THOUGH /  EVEN THOUGH / IN SPITE OF / SPITE

112.1

2 Although I had never seen her before
3 although it was quite cold
4 although we don’t like them very much
5 Although I didn’t speak the language
6 Although the heating was on
7 although I’d met her twice before
8 although we’ve known each other for along time

112.2

2 a In spite of
   b Although

3 a because
   b although

4 a because of
   b in spite of

5 a although
   b because of

example answers:

6 a he didn’t study very hard.
   b he studied very hard.

7 a I was hungry
   b being hungry / my hunger / the fact that I was hungry.

112.3

2 In spite of having very little money, they are happy.

3 Although my foot was injured, I managed to walk to the nearest village. or  I managed to walk to the nearest village although my ...

4 I enjoyed the film in spite of the silly story. / ... in spite of the story being silly. / ... in spite of the sillines of the story. / ... in spite of the fact that the story was silly. Or In spite of ..., I enjoyed the film.

5 Despite living in the same street, we hardly ever see each other. Or Despite the fact that we live in ... or  We hardly ever see each other despite ...

6 I got very wet in the rain even though I had an umbrella. Or Even though I had an umbrella, I got.

112.4

2 It’s a bit windy though.
3 We ate it though.
4 I don’t like her husband though.

Comments