UNIT 3 SUCCESS (INTERMEDIATE)



GRAMMAR
1 Present perfect and time expressions 1
1 ’ve always wanted   2 ’s just bought   3 have been  
4 ’s he done?   5 ’ve lived   6 ’ve had   7 ’s she gone  
8 have you learned / learnt   9 ’ve known  
10 ’ve already seen
2 Present perfect and time expressions 2
1 I’ve always wanted to go to Japan.
2 They’ve known each other since they were fve.
3 Can you wait? I haven’t fnished yet.
4 I’ve lived here for about six years.
5 He’s never learned how to swim.

VOCABULARY
3 Hopes, dreams and ambitions
1  At some point, I’d absolutely love to drive across America.
2  My dream is to set up a cake business.
3  I’ve always wanted to learn languages.
4  One day, I’d like to move to another country.
5  I’m thinking of doing another degree.
6  My aim is to fnish writing my essay next week.
4 Facts and feelings
1 thoughts   2 excited   3 optimistic  
4 questions  
5 concerned   6 doubts   7 information
PRONUNCIATION
5 Schwa /@/
1 I’d love to be able to speak Japanese.
2 What’s the word for thank you in Arabic?
3 What does she want to do in the future?
4 Shall we have lunch at the café down the road?
5 Where can I buy some paper?
6 Can you pass me that book and a pen?
EXPLORE WRITING
6 Taking notes
2 approximately   3 with   4 in the afternoon   5 number   6 per week   7 Please turn over.

Comments