INDIRECT SPEECH (INTERMEDIO)

1. 
series              violence      suicide      murder   
fingerprint     crime          real-life    fiction

2.

1 'I'll always love you.'
2 'Pete is having a party at his house.'
3 'I can't believe anything Frank says.'
4 'I'll probably be late.'
5 'I haven't told you any lies.'

4.

Mike was worried because his girlfriend Erika hadn't called him all week. When he asked his friends about it,  everyone told him a different story. Jamie said he hadn't seen her all week (which was a lie). Katie told him they had started dance classes together. She was lying too! Billie said she would call Erika to check she was OK. Teresa told him she and Erika had gone out the following evening. Mike really started to worry when his mum said she had seen them all yesterday evening in their favourite café! At the café, Mike finally understood... 'Happy birthday!' they all shouted as he arrived at the surprise party she'd been organising all week.

5.

1. Sarah told William she would always tell him the truth.
2. Ewa said she hadn't been there when the fire had started.
3. Tania said to Ana she was seeing the dentist the following day.
4. Greg said he had taken Pat's dog for a walk an hour before.
5. Jitka told us he hadn't seen anyone he knew that night.
6. Marco said he couldn't see me tomorrow. 


1.

The candidate came in and I asked him to sit down and make himself comfortable. First I asked him why he wanted to become a web designer. He said he was creative and had designed his own website. I asked him to give me the address so I could look at it. Then I asked him if he could work to tight deadlines. He said he could. I also asked whether he was able to work on his own for long periods of time. Again, he said he could.

Next I wanted to know about his personality. I asked what hobbies he had. He said skateboarding and cycling. Finally, I asked how far from the office he lived. 10 minutes (by skateboard!). I recommend we hire this young man.

2.

1 The asked me how I had heard about the job.
2 They asked me to send them my CV.
3 He asked me to sit down.
4 She asked if I had found difficult to get there.
5 They asked me if I had been promoted in my current job.
5 He asked if I could come back for a second interview.

8.

1. 'I'll never forget the time I spent with Marissa..'
2. 'We are seeing The Killers in concert tomorrow.'
3. 'I went to the gym four times a week this winter.'
4. ' I was in the bank when the armed robbers arrived.'




Comments