PROGRESS TEST 9 FEELINGS (2NB)

Progress test 9 Feelings
GRAMMAR
1 Present perfect – giving news

1 I’ve / I have eaten                       
2 He’s / He has lost
3 her car’s / car has broken         
4 he’s / he has hurt
5 Have you heard                    
6 we’ve / we have fixed
7 Terry’s / Terry has cleaned   
8 Has Jackie gone?
9 I’ve just / I have just remembered  
10 Lee and Megs have invited

VOCABULARY
2 Extreme adjectives
1 starving 2 furious 3 boiling 4 delighted                            

3 Reacting to news, thanking, apologising
1 really sorry; sorry, hear that 
2 Well done; cheers
3 Congratulations; kind of you

4 Asking for news
1 What’s Jim been up to? 
2 How is it? Is she enjoying it? 
3 What’s new with you and Becky?
4 How are things at school?





KEYWORD just
5 Uses of just
1 I’m just looking 2 I just need to leave
3 he’s just phoned 4 If you could just fill in
5 Just one moment 6 I’ve just got in
7 They’re just good friends 8 I just need to finish

EXPLORE WRITING
6 Making excuses
1 couldn’t, had 
2 won’t, have 
3 ’ll, hope
4 ’m sorry, Hope

Comments