EMAIL WITH NEWS (INTERMEDIATE)

1

1 Absolutely
2 further
3 read
4 packing
5 big enough
6 B & Bs
7 flights
8 think

2

1 T
2 F
3 F
4 T
5 T
6 T
7 F

3

a) 2 apologising: We're  so sorry that ...
b) 3 reminding: Don't forget ...
c) 5 wishing someone a good thing: Hope you have ...
d) 6 thanking: We're so grateful for ...
e) 8 inviting someone: Would you like ...?
f) 1 saying your preference: We'd rather ...
g) 7 explaining what happened: What happened was that ...
h) 4 asking for information: Can anyone tell me ...?

4

2 Hope you have a good time at the gig.
3 Can anyone tell me if this is rubbish?
4 We'd rather fly than get the train.
5 We're so grateful for your help last Saturday.
6 Would you like to meet me for lunch tomorrow?
7 What happened was that I got a phone call from the babysitter.
8 Don't forget to ring your mum.

5

2    REMIND YOUR BROTHER. Don't forget that it is dad's and mum's wedding anniversary tomorrow.

3   ASK A GROUP OF PEOPLE. Can anybody tell me where the station is?

4   THANK THEM FOR THE PRESENT AND WISH THEM A GOOD TIME ON HOLIDAY. 
I'm so grateful for my birthday present. Hope you have a good time on holiday.

5   INVITE YOUR FRIEND AND SAY YOU PREFER GOING WITH SOMEONE RATHER THAN GOING ALONE. Would you like to come to a pop concert on Friday? I'd rather go with someone than go alone.

Comments