LOOK BACK (UNIT 1) (2º NI B2)


LOOKBACK (UNIT 1)

PERSONALITY

1 witty
2 keeps himself  to himself
3 spontaneous
4 people person
5 down-to-earth
6 good laugh
7 morning person
8 geek




DIRECT AND INDIRECT QUESTIONS

3A

1 over the moon
2 relieved
3 shaking like a leaf
4 awkward
5 wished the earth would swallow me up
6 impressed

3B

1 really/absolutely/totally/completely
2 very / really
3 no modifier (it’s a verb phrase)
4 very / really
5 no modifier (it’s a verb phrase)
6 very / really


PRESENT PERFECT

1 started, ‘ve improved
2 ‘ve been, haven’t been
3 ‘ve never met, thought    
4 played, ‘ve started
5 didn’t eat, haven’t had

POLITE ENQUIRIES

1 I’d like to enquire about train times to Vienna.
2 Can you tell me which train I need to take to get to Vienna b 3 p.m.?
3 Can I ask how far it is from the western to the southern train station?
4 Do you mind me asking where I can  get information on local transport in Vienna?
5 I was wondering if / whether I need to book a seat on the train.
6 Could you tell me if / whether I can book on the phone?
7 I was wondering if you could book it for me.
8 I’d be grateful if you could send me an email confirmation.

Comments